Tuesday 15 October 2013

Here it is in black and white.

With Joanne's encouragement I am going to join in the Fall Essentials Sew-Along over at Rhinestones and Telephones...

The idea behind it is to sew garments from different categories to build your A/W wardrobe. The time-scale pretty much sold it to me - I should be able to produce at least two items in that time!
Here are the categories: 


Fashionable Foundations for Frosty Weather (Skirts, trousers etc.)

Kelly Skirt - in black lightweight denim
Hummingbird Skirt - in what? I dunno.
Miette Skirt - Would like to find a really soft corduroy for this.


Chic Chemises for Cool Climates


I really need some layering tees so:
Maria Denmark Birgitte Basic Tee - 3/4 sleeve, in a heavier weight grey/black jersey
Day to Night Top with long sleeves
I would also like a Hummingbird Top and a Mathilde blouse if there is time.


Fabulous Frocks

Realistically I will only get one dress completed and it is likely to be the Red Velvet from Cake patterns as I have signed up for the sew-along. However, I am going to aim to do the Kitschy Coo Lady Skater as well, as I already have the fabric ready to go (aubergine crepe jersey).

In an ideal world I would also make a Colette Hawthorn flannel and a Maria Denmark Edith Shirtdress - to wear as a dress or over jeans/ leggings but you know I am dreaming.


Underneath It All

I don't have the pattern yet but I really like the look of this camisole by Disparate Disciplines. It would be perfect for layering.

Tender Tootsies

Hmm will probably give this category a miss.


Those Cozy Nights

PJ bottoms -  Simplicity, don't remember the number. I have made before but want to tweak the pattern.


Baby It's Cold Outside

Liesle and Co Woodland Stroll Cape. I have some wool boucle fabric that might do for this.

Not a sewing task but I would also like to finish my cowl before winter is over http://www.ravelry.com/projects/lulaboola/honey-cowl




No comments:

Post a Comment